top of page
What We Do
The Mid South Wedding Association is dedicated to providing education, technical support, professional development training, and other benefits that promote and encourage professionalism in our industry to the clients we serve. We strive to give the public good and current information to help them plan their special events. We also offer continuing education to members of the association throughout the year.
Members agree to:
1) Conduct business with honesty and integrity.
2) Treat other trade professionals with respect.
3) Constantly strive to improve their skills and knowledge.
4) Engage in fair and honest business practices.
5) Agree to use dependable equipment and reputable staff.
6) Agree to conduct themselves with grace and professionalism and to dress appropriately to the dignity of the occasion.
7) Agree to establish a positive working relationship with other professionals and clergy.
8) Members may be asked to leave the association if they break association rules or are unable to successfully defend themselves against complaints filed by clients, customers or other members. Membership may be revoked by a majority vote of members.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER?
Speak with our President, Martie Watson (901) 550-7627
or Vice President, Don Lawler (901)485-3027
for more information.
Wedding University offers each member:
• The opportunity to educate a brides and their families and offer tips to plan their weddings. We hope that they will remember how we made them feel and hire us for their wedding day. If they need someone else, we help them find a good professional.
• We never charge our guests for attending Wedding University. The seminars are unlike other shows because we are a non-profit with the mission of providing quality education and help to brides and their families.
• You as a member are charged a lower booth fee to participate after being an active Association member for one year. This saves you a lot of money compared to the fees charged by most show promoters. And, while we do have booths available for brides to visit and get ideas, we are there to educate, guide, and help brides get the information and expert help they need to have the wedding they desire.
• The booth fee is to cover the setup and advertising costs of putting on Wedding University and our successful seminars and ongoing professional education for our members and brides.
• We try to assist brides by asking if we can help them find another member to provide services still needed. If a member is already booked, we assist by referring them to another member that can help. It’s all about networking and referring to other members!
• We all share in the marketing of the seminars by linking to each other’s websites, social media, and the Mid-South Wedding Association website at: www.wehelpbrides.com. We keep bridal seminar posters, business cards, and flyers available at member storefronts to promote one another. We also send out emails to our own leads telling them about the upcoming seminars.
• Membership is by invitation and you may hold one seat in your category or niche. Exceptions can be made after a request to the board, the approval of a member holding that seat/niche, and a vote by all members.
• The best way to get started is to talk with Martie Watson, president, or Don Lawler, vice president, and to visit a meeting that is open to guests.
• Thank you for your interest in the Mid South Wedding Association and Wedding University!
bottom of page